Sunday, June 24, 2007

More crap from the land of plenty


Today I got one of those smug quasi patriotic totally Christian backed "don't dare break the prayer chain" emails FWD to me. Of course I broke the chain and I really wanted to lambast the person who sent it. Trouble is he is a very sweet man of nearly 90 years and he has only the best intentions. The intentions of the folk behind the note are something else. Since I am fairly certain you have seen this kind of bullshit your self, I'll just touch on a couple of things. First they tell us the average US soldier is a 19 year old tight muscled kid who has never been on unemployment. Sorry but the age is 26.6 years and the average age of the soldiers killed is 30. Unemployment? I'm thinking they mean "welfare" it's not the same thing at all. Actually, the 19 y/o tight body boy sounds like your average mail prostitute. The pictures included would have us infer that the troops are all white and the photos show the guys shooting their guns and wearing gas masks, while the final shot has two soldier girls napping in each other's arms. I'll post it. Then I will ask, WTF is with that? I'll tell you if they had soldier girls with guns and all when I was in the army, there would have been some serious boy on girl action going down. Stress related situations bring that stuff to a boil. A funeral wake is great place to hook up too. Well, I'm not here to share my texino pick-up secrets, it' the cavalier use of the young folk who are putting it all on the line for WHAT that has me racked. Here is the deal, you get slammed with this patriotic shit because well meaning old folks are passing on memories more than anything. They remember their wars. That's well and good gramps because you knew who to kill. Kids these days got to do lot of guess work; kind of like we did in Vietnam. Worse in a way since some portion of every faction wants you dead. I would say the only way to cut terrorism is to become more terrible. You know, screw this suicide bomb shit; just go downtown and randomly blast the crap out a market. Each time an IED goes off, kill a hundred civilians and so on. I saw the Koreans have big luck with this tactic in Vietnam. No secret. The ROK (Korean Army) would move in to a strategic position and let it be known that any interference would be dealt with no B.S. I'll admit to some extreme reactions, but they lost very few men in combat and that's the point. The US? Well, we're losing good boys and girls and also expanding the ranks of the disabled to new levels. USA! USA! USA? only echos in the mostly empty ball parks  God help us into oblivion, I doubt we can be saved.

1 comment:

Ms. Moon said...

I've never met a chain I didn't gleefully break and I always want to tell the sender why in no uncertain terms. Of course, like you- out of politeness, I don't.

Texino, it must be so hard for you to observe this current war. Does it make you sick that so many people died in Viet Nam and yet, we haven't seemed to have learned a damn thing from that experience? The propaganda on that war was that you boys were fighting the commies there so we wouldn't have to fight them here. The new, improved twist is that the kids are fighting terror there so we don't have to fight it here.
Same shit and so many people bought it.